15K XM 400w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15K XM 400w

I've been using the new 15K XM 400w SE bulbs for over 150+hours and so far I don't like it due to Acros loosing their colors. Has anyone had this similar experience with this exact bulb?

I tried them for less hrs then that and sold them...

Comment

What did you not like about them?

Comment

Originally posted by ReefRockerLive
        His corals didn't glow in the dark after he turned them off :p
        400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

The PAR/PPFD on this bulb is terrible. If I remember right, the 20K even had better stats than the 15K! Check Sanjay's or JBNY's websites, they performed pretty poorly. OTOH, I have a friend who runs them and her SPS look great, but it's a shallow tank so 400W even with the low PAR is enough.

Comment

I also used one for about a week, didn't like the color or the intensity. And after seeing the stats from sanjay's article, I can see why. 10k's were too yellow for my taste. Currently using the Hamiltons and will let them run their course, I will probably replace with aquaconnects. Couldn't afford them after buying the 3 ballasts (PFO HQI) and 3 Lumenarcs.
            265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Originally posted by ReefRockerLive
              I did't disike them I just love the 20k xm so much better...

Comment

Are you using those 20k XM bulbs with the Zeovit method? What are your results like compared to people who use 10k on the Zeovit Method?

Comment

I hate 10k so that is not an option for me.. Here is a link to my gallery so you can see how my corals look under 20k off SLS m59 ballasts..

http://photobucket.com/albums/v467/gqjeff/jeffs%20reef/

Comment

Hey Jeff, I noticed you had a Sohal tang in your tank. How does he get along with the others? I have heard they are pretty aggressive. Been wanting to get one to finish off my fish list.
                    265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Oh, and what size tank is that? I was cruisin through your album and found a full tank shot. She's a beaut, you should be proud.

Comment

TY, Its a standard 240 8*2*2. The sohol is about 4" long and does well with others. I have a 4.5" regal that keeps him inline. I have had the regal 6.5 yrs and he came form my old 90 gallon. They all do surprisingly well together.. They bicker now and then but nothing major. I am hoping her stays as peaceful as he is now thats for sure. Hes a GORGEOUS fish.. Oh yea I need some new full tank shots those are pretty old..

Jeff

Comment

I had the opportunity for a 300, 96x30x24 when I bought my 225 but couldn't talk the wife into letting me redirect the staircase to fit it in the allotted space. Sure do miss that extra 2 feet.

Comment

Working...
                          X