• Show
Clear All

• dimmer for hHQI bulbs !!!

http://www.sfiligoi.it/caratt_acls_en.htm

http://www.sfiligoi.it/scheda_acls_en.htm

What do you think about ?
    Bachir
    2000 - gallon saltwater

The Sfiligoi stuff is beautiful. Too bad they don't make a 1000w version. I think for 1000w bulbs a dimmer would be very useful indeed.
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Moonpod and I have been looking at these for the past year. They are very sexy. However they can only be used with their own pendand units.

Soooper Sooper expensive.

Dave B
      400g SPS Reef - 33g Surge - +30k gph Flow - Lots of DIY / 1100g Outdoor SPS System / 280g FO Watch my Reef Tank, LIVE!!!

Comment

Unless things have changed, Aquatronica is making a dimming feature on their unit. I don't know how it will work or how it will affect the bulb life.

Comment

Madison, isn't that for T5 only?
          400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

There's a Canadian company too that makes dimmable MH ballasts:

http://www.maxkor.ca/

Comment

How about color temp? Do these dimmers change the look of the bulb when it's not at full power?

SteveU
              “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
              ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

The ACLS didn't. It was very, very cool, but I didn't like how they haven't provided an option as yet to adapt it to preexisting pendants. Right now, you've gotta use their pendants which is an added bite in the buttocks b/c the ballasts themselves are majorly pricey.
                10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                BK400ext
                RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                MRC kalkmixer
                IKS

Comment

I remember this equipment. They had two versions, a 400w and a 250w. I dont remember if it was one for each bulb or for an entire pendant. Im sure one of the Italian members may know more about this product.

Comment

I think blureff have or had sfiligoi ACSL dimablle HQI fixtures.

Comment

Ed, Sfiligoi has a full lineup of 150 and 250 DE and 400 SE. Again, the issue was that you can't just buy the ballast. You've gotta buy the fixture as well b/c they don't make connectors and won't really explain which wire is which--to boot I believe it has 4 wires, not just 3. Dave B and I were at Quality Marine in LA when the designer was there demoing the unit. Very impressive, but I'd be more inclined if I didn't have to buy a fixture to boot. It's like wholesale 800 or so for a SINGLE ballast. The duals where a better deal, but won't dim all the way down. The single would dim all the way down seemlessly. VERY cool. All kinds of programming options as well. Very interesting, but certainly NOT necessary.
                      10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                      BK400ext
                      RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                      MRC kalkmixer
                      IKS

Comment

Originally posted by Orion76
                        Madison, isn't that for T5 only?

yes, it is for T5's. I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        X