bulb recomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulb recomendation

i nedd to change my old hamilton 14 250 mogul with ice cap electronic ballast bulb recomendation for 75 gallons sps tank my choice blv 10000k ushio -aquaconnet 14 -megacrome13 i need help

Definitely look into the Phoenix 14K if you like the 14K look. I had the 14K AquaConnnect and now change to the Phoenix and they are identical. Phoenix is half the price just about.

Comment

Hi Efrain, & welcome to our forum. I use 400W, HQI ballasts so my recommendation is not typical of your situation, but I give it anyway I do like the 10K BLV above all the 10K's I've ever used. Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

IMO, if you like the 14k look, go with the AC/Pheonix. The blv 10k will be quite yellow to your eye since you are going frome a blue bulb. Also I would look into the EVC tech bulbs. They are a great bulb at a great price
        Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Well, I'm assuming you mean 250w SE bulbs right? Look into the XM 10k. Pretty white for a 10k IMO. The AC 14k is pricey and many like the look, but it isn't all that blue at all especially vs the Phoenix/AC 250w DE.
          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
          BK400ext
          RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
          MRC kalkmixer
          IKS

Comment

Working...
          X