Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 k xm

Where can I get the new 15k xm bulb at?Thanks

www.premiumaquatics.com or www.reefscience.com They are awesome I will be making a full switch to them over the next couple weeks or so...

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Comment

show pics
        Nick
        Nick
        180G SPS Mainly
        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
        Calcium Reactor
        3 Tunze 6105's
        Profilux Controller
        ATB Return w/ wavysea
        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Well so far the 15k XM 250w DE has not impressed me. It is bluer than say the Hammy 14k, not as blue as the Phoenix/AC. It's not a visually bright bulb like say an Ushio or BLV. I'll give it a few more days and take a pix.
          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
          BK400ext
          RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
          MRC kalkmixer
          IKS

Comment

The 15K SE in 400 has REALLY impressed me.. I loved the xm20K but this new bulb is awesome.. It is MUCH brighter then the 20k so I am looking foreword to sanjays testing on the SE in 400 watt.. The DE par numbers mean nothing to any of us who run SE.. Personally the 15k on my CV e ballasts is 2-3 times brighter then the 20K... I HIGHLY recommend this bulb to the SE users...

Comment

sanjay's data is out. The 250w DE XM 15k has "ok" numbers, but doesn't "pop out" of the crowd. What's interesting is that it very much likes the EVC ballast in particular.
              10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
              BK400ext
              RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
              MRC kalkmixer
              IKS

Comment

Any data on the 400 watt SE?

Comment

i think just DE 250 so far bro
                  Nick
                  Nick
                  180G SPS Mainly
                  10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                  Calcium Reactor
                  3 Tunze 6105's
                  Profilux Controller
                  ATB Return w/ wavysea
                  ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

I just put up a 400 xm 15k in a LA3 reflector on a PFO HQI ballast. I switched over from 250 phoenix/Ushio combo so the fixture is still pretty high. With the reflector at 20+ inches over the water, looks identical to the phoenix 14k on SLS mag ballast, but, with MUCH better coverage and appears brighter deeper into the tank. Have pics but gotta go to work, so I will post them tommorrow afternoon when I get up.

CAReefer
                    265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

My buddy has the ac 14k in 250 with RO 3 pendents and my 400 se are so much brighter. I am using the RO 1 pendents with mine.. The pendents do make a huge diffrence that for sure.. Mine are only 8" above the water.. I am running the CV eballasts also with my setup..

Comment

Jeff and everyone else here is Sanjay's data on all 15k XM. Im really not impressed in its ppfd values myself It looks as if the 2ok are stronger

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/6/aafeature2
                        Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Based on the above spectral analysis, I shouldn't have to worry too much about acclimation from the 250 watt 14K phoenix/10K Ushio combo I am replacing. Am I correct? 85/84 ppfd on the DE's. 114 ppfd on the SE 400 watter. Right now I have the fixture >20" above and cut lighting period to 2 hrs.
                          265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

I absolutley do not believe this data... There is NO WAY to 20k is even close to the 15K for brightness. I am going to put 2 of my 20k back in one side of the tank and take some side by side shots.. They do not even compare and I loved the 20K.. They are just so dim after these new 15k my tank is much brighter..

Comment

Jeff, remember, intensity & PAR are not directly correlated to one another. Bob
                              "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
                              X