need new bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need new bulbs

time to change bulbs. I have three pendents, all have 400w, the two pendents on each side of the tank also have 175w. I also have a 400w on a 70 gal. rubbermaid frag tank. I want to get one 400w 10k reeflux for the frag tank, 3 400 w 10k evc for the tank. I already have 2 new 175w 20k helios and one 400w 20k helios. I am going to try all three evc in main tank w/ 175 w helois. Or with the 400w helios in the middle. I have no vho/pc but when I get them I can probably put back the 10k 400 and color will look good to me :icon_bigg . My question is should I go w/ reeflux or evc. I don't want to have color shift probs etc. What's the price diff? where can I get both at ? What are good vhos to go w/ when I decide to get some, what wattage and bulb type I thought four 110w two in front of the pendents two behind, how long are the vhos? tank is 6'x 30"
    rjf
    ZEOhead in Training
    Last edited by rjf; 05-22-2005, 12:11 AM.

hmm no replies, anyone know where I can get these bulbs, had experience with them or have info on vhos. TY

Comment

i would try thr xm 15k they look awesome
      Nick
      Nick
      180G SPS Mainly
      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
      Calcium Reactor
      3 Tunze 6105's
      Profilux Controller
      ATB Return w/ wavysea
      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Nick, have you seen or tried the new 15K? I am thinkingof trying them myself.. I think the 10K's are just to pinkish yellowish for me...

Comment

I'd go 10K Ushio and 60" VHO actinics. Depending on what you are growing out you might get away with only VHO. I run 3 x 60" VHO, 2 actinic and 1 Aquasun and it has a pink look but colors and growth are good for all soft corals and LPS. I have a couple SPS in these tanks but they are not fast growing in any part of this system even under MH.
          I will only use URI bulbs for VHO.

The "look of the light" is such a personal preference thing though.
          SteveU
          “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
          ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

[QUOTE]I think the 10K's are just to pinkish yellowish for me...
            are you talking about the reeflux? I 'm torn between evc 10k, reeflux10k,xm 15k 400w.Which ones are bluest to your eye, have highest par and the least amount of colorshift. In other words which would you go with and why. Remember what I 'm supplementing the 400 watters with, 175 20k helios. see original post. Ty

Comment

rjf, I sent you back a pm.. I agree with Steve very personal preference when it comes to lighting color.. I am going to try the xm15 k thursday also.. I am hoping thats the best of both worlds for me.. I like the 20k xm but would like a little more growth.. I know the 10k will do it but I do not think I can stand the color any longer.. I have found myself not even looking at the tank much with these bulbs on.. I wait until they go off and look at the tank with the t5 blue+ and vho uri actinics.. If you love the 10k color I am sure you would love these bulbs though... They are DAMN brite thats for sure. I am hoping my tank doesn't look to dim after going back to 20k... Well until I try the 15k thursday that is...

Comment

No Jeff i havent but have been seeing alot of comparison shots of them they blend right in with the AC 14k
                Nick
                Nick
                180G SPS Mainly
                10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                Calcium Reactor
                3 Tunze 6105's
                Profilux Controller
                ATB Return w/ wavysea
                ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Will have one thursday....

Comment

Hello all
                    Just thought I would through my 2 cents in I just received a 400w 10k reeflux from evolution aquatics and it is great if you like crisp white you will love it I have tried many and this one does it I am running it in between two CV 20k and the mix is stunning I have not been happier with any other combo.

Comment

Working...
                    X