Trying some new bulbs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying some new bulbs..

I am going from xm 20k to 10k reeflux.. I am currently running 7 hrs a day with the 20k down from 9 hrs a day over the last 2.5 weeks.. I am switching them out today to try these new 10K bulbs. I was thinking going 4 hrs a day for the first week then adding 1 hr a week unit I reach 7 hrs. I was wondering if this acclimation would be ok or if anyone has other suggestions.. I can not raise or lower my lights at all I can just tweak the photoperiod length. Let me know if any of you have experience going from 20k to 10k without bleaching and coral burn.. These are 400 watts also...

Peace and TY, Jeff

I can't give you good advice on light acclimation but keep us posted on your impressions of this bulb, I am thinking about changing my Radiums to the Reeflux too.
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Def will let everyone know. From the data that Sanjay did it looks like one hell of a bulb.. I am wondering about longevity and also color shift over time... These are my biggest concerns.. These bulbs are formualted from Coralvue. I know the other CV bulbs in the past have not been very good so I am wondering how these will effect the corals.. Older CV bulbs were notorious for burning the corals...

Comment

Have them installed.. First impression after they have been on awhile is Pinkish.. I will let them burn in for awhile and see if they change. They are brigther but def miss the 20K color.. I do not think any bulb can compare to the color of 20k... If they do not change or color shift after a couple few weeks then they are out and 20k back in.. I still might try the 10k xm or evc 10k also if these do not pan out... Will keep you all posted.. Still would like to know if shortening the photoperiod for a couple few weeks will be ok..

Peace, Jeff

Comment

Jeff are you still running the Reeflux? If so how do they look after a month?
          400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Working...
          X