Venture 10k Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venture 10k Bulbs

I saw these bulbs on ebay for less than $50 for the pair! I would like to know if anyone had any expiriance with this bulb or if there are some sort of reviews for it.
    Thanks

Venture 10K

Yeah, I'm the one who gambled on... er ...bought them. I don't have any solid conclusions yet, although they present like a 14K. On venture's website they said that if they were in a horizontal burn, they would have higher cct. Has anyone else out there ever used these htings? Judging from the corals closest, hey seem to have high UV too so i've modified my hood to filter. (I think) I was caught by the bad salt batch and it turned my aq into a graveyard. Still recovering, so it isn't a good control for testing. But so far it has good penetration, pleasing color, and the added bonus of turning my dining room into a discotheque (my wife and dad think i should hang one of those mirrored balls above it so all the white in the house can glow). I'll let you know- ap

Comment

someone needs to get one of these Sanjay's way, albeit this dude on ebays pricing is way, way better than anywhere else I've seen.
      10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
      BK400ext
      RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
      MRC kalkmixer
      IKS

Comment

Anyone else heard of this brand name bulb?

Comment

The "brand name" has been around for a long time. Their 6.5k bulbs are quite popular with public aquariums. The 10k I think is new.....
          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
          BK400ext
          MRC kalkmixer
          IKS

Comment

Hey guys,

Thought I could offer some 'light' on the Venture bulbs. They have long since been the staple MH bulb available to South African hobbyists. I myself have personally used the Venture 18K DE 150w bulb. I really loved the colour, nice crisp blue. Corals coloured up beautifully although growth came to a standstill

The one bonus of the Venture DE bulbs, well the 150w versions, is that they have a built in UV shield, which is great. Most hobbyists here run their Ventures unsheilded, but that is only for the 150w versions.

Their price is also a reason why so many hobbyists use them in South Africa, they're the cheapest available bulb and are readily available. I've seen the 10K 150w's in action and are nice but seem a little 'dull' when compared to the AB 150w 10K's. They also seem to only have a good lighting period of roughly 12 months.

As far as PAR ratings etc, I wouldn't be able to offer anything as they've never been tested.

HTH.
            _Cerven

/ 20g ZEOnano9020 system / nanoreefblog.com /

The golden ratio is 1.61803399 - use it wisely.

Comment

Coralife used to sell remarked venture lamps. They came out with the 6500k lamp about the same time ultramarine introduced the Iwasaki 6500k. The coralife/venture lamps had a life of about 3 weeks. They replaced exploded 6500ks with a 10000k lamp which looked like a 20000k. Then split the line into both 10 and 20k. I had a few dozen go bad. Mostly they exploded after a few weeks. We talked to coralife to get a prorated refund. In the 90's only a few German lamps were imported. But Champion and others started bringing in Ushios etc. Never looked back at the venture high temp lamps. Their 5500k lamp was great and up until a few weeks ago I was still using them. The 10000k lamps don't look like they have changed design, thats why most online retailers dont cary them. Maybe they have fixed their problems....gl

Comment

Uh....Ushio is an American company last I checked....albeit their MH cores have long been made by BLV, but since Ushio acquired BLV....but otherwise, at least someone has some significant local experience with venture....
                10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                BK400ext
                MRC kalkmixer
                IKS

Comment

Yeah when they first started showing up Championlighting and Hamilton just had them as imported German lamps....later they showed up under every name under the sun....

Comment

sounds like the current Chinese Lamp Craze
                    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                    BK400ext
                    MRC kalkmixer
                    IKS

Comment

Working...
                    X