Anyone ever tried EVC 10K bulbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever tried EVC 10K bulbs?

I was just looking at the Italian Tank (the one with the most unbelievable colors I have ever seen) and noticed he is running only 10K EVC bulbs. Well I figure some of this color has to be due to these bulbs, right? So what has been your experience with them? Did they brighten your corals or were you not pleased?

By the way my MH is SE.
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

I have a 10K and and 14K - the 10K is HQI, and 14K is SE - unfortunately due to a heater malfunction, I have not had much of a chance to see how they perform.
    --Matt

Comment

We recently made a comparison, using a PAR-meter with various 10K bulbs on an Italian forum, and it turned out that the EVC on a series of ballasts, including the electronic ballasts, performed better in terms of PAR, with the association with a "magnetic" ballast being the best in terms of PAR.

I have personally swithed from 14K Aquaconnect to 10K EVC with an incredible increase in light. As it is known, 14K or 20K bulbs really add something to the aesthetics but take out too much in terms of PAR.

I would suggest to use 10K EVC, rather than 10K BLV, as the first one perform better.

Mat

Comment

did you measure XM in there also ?
        Nick
        Nick
        180G SPS Mainly
        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
        Calcium Reactor
        3 Tunze 6105's
        Profilux Controller
        ATB Return w/ wavysea
        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Yes, here you will find the results of the tests.

http://acquariofilia.sbinternet.it/v...ic.php?t=36751

I know it is in Italian but numbers and graphics should be comprehensible to everyone.

The guy who did this analysis is Geronte, he is subscribed also on this forum and if you want you can also send hima PM.

Cheers

Mat

Comment

Very interesting experiment!

BTW Sanjay has also tested EVC bulbs

http://www.reeflightinginfo.arvixe.c...rmancedata.php
            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

i dont know if im reading it right or not but seems like there are diffrent results here
              Nick
              Nick
              180G SPS Mainly
              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
              Calcium Reactor
              3 Tunze 6105's
              Profilux Controller
              ATB Return w/ wavysea
              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
              X