least yellow 10K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• least yellow 10K

does anyone know which "10K" bulb on the market is the least yellow?

the ab 10k burns at like 13k,, if that helps

Comment

i heard that the AB is actually more like 8-10K, despite what the manuf. says

Comment

BLV appear less yellow than others to me.
        400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

SE or DE version? what wattage?

Comment

I use the 400w SE bulb. I have also seen the 250w DE bulb and I had the impression it was somewhat bluer but that could have been an illusion.

The contents of a tank also plays a big role in how the color of a bulb is perceived, if you have browned out corals and a lot of green algae a 10KK bulb will seem to be giving off a yellow green light while a tank packed with intensely colored SPS will make a 10KK bulb seem crisp white.
            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

hmm...never thought of it that way

Comment

Originally posted by Orion76
                The contents of a tank also plays a big role in how the color of a bulb is perceived, if you have browned out corals and a lot of green algae a 10KK bulb will seem to be giving off a yellow green light while a tank packed with intensely colored SPS will make a 10KK bulb seem crisp white.
                I agree!

Comment

I heard the XM is not that yellow, I think I am going to try them next. If anyone can back this statement either way, lets hear it
                  Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

SE or DE?

DE the BLV probably. Well, actually the Coralvue, but that thing is way higher color temp than 10k despite labelling.

SE...I'm not sure. The XM is pretty white and bright.

That being said, Orion's statement on the tank contents is very true. My tank looks really "pink" under 10k b/c of all the coralline.
                    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                    BK400ext
                    RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                    MRC kalkmixer
                    IKS

Comment

Working...
                    X