Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Actinic Supplement

Hi all~
    I got the 24inch canopy for a SEbulb and 24" VHO actinics from my Friend.
    If I use a 10K XM 250w bulb in this canopy, How many VHO should I use for
    supplement? 24inch VHO is 75W in icecap660.

Iwasaki bulb is more yellowish. so need more actinic than XM.correct?

thanks in advance~!

www.spsholic.com

as much as you want, IMO.

think about it, you could have 10 VHO atentics or one VHO atentic, but you still have the Metal Halight bulb and it is putting out the same amount of light wheather you have 10 or only 1 VHO bulb(s). It is just you tank looks better with more vho's. SO IMO, as many as you can fit :-)
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Even if you stuff it full of actinic bulbs it won't really shift the color of the MH light. It just adds to the spectrum. I can't tell the difference in my tank with 2 vs 4 actinic lights.

SteveU
      “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
      ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Thanks~~~

The reason that I wanna use VHO is for looking better (my eye)
        I love 10K+20K combination but In DE version, I think it is not easy mix it...

www.spsholic.com

Comment

Actinics will help wash out the yellow of the MH bulbs.

Comment

dont actinics also cause your corals to "flouresce" more? i just replaced my pc bulbs, and a candy cane that looked peach/brownish is now sky-blue...the old bulb was a 50/50 10K, but the new one is a 10k with a true actinic 03

Comment

i would say so..
              Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Working...
              X