Best 250w DE Pendant setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 250w DE Pendant setup?

I'd like to get my hands on a 250w DE setup for my new cube (Starting to gather parts).

What are some good setups and where is the best place to get a good deal on them?

SLS Reef optix III with the SLS magnetic HQI ballasts. I got mine from reef geek. "governantor" discount with everyorder and free candy.....

HTH
    CAReefer
    265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

I am running RO III's and like them. A buddy of mine has the new Ica Cap pendants and they are super SWEET!!! I would look into those. Although I am not sure they are available yet.
      Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

CAReefer; what is the "governantor" discount and I think the free candy thing is always a smart idea.

I orded CAT5e cable from a company once and they mailed me a 1lb bag of skittles, they won my continued business

Comment

Originally posted by CAReefer
          ....free candy.....

HTH
          CAReefer
          Yeah, dont forget the free candy from ReefGeek! What a nice touch
          Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
          Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Basically the discount offsets the sales tax here in CA. So 7.25%. I would assume it applies to out of state orders.
            265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Did you buy all the parts seperate? I'm looking on here and they offer all the SLS pendant systems with Blueline ballasts.

They also sell with Icecap ballasts which brings the price down a little.

What are your feelings on the Blueline vs Icecap?
              Last edited by SeanCallan; 03-27-2005, 04:12 PM.

Comment

the next lighting set up I get will be 250HQI ROIII and the Blueline ballasts - from what I have seen - one of the nicest combos out there
                --Matt

Comment

I'm thinkin I'll do that, I can get it for a flat 328.00; Not too bad.

I need to sell my current lights and sell my body a couple times and I shouldn't have a problem paying for it!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanCallan
                    sell my body a couple times and I shouldn't have a problem paying for it!
                    :horny: :horny:
                    --Matt

Comment

lol. That's classic.

Comment

I can't speak on the blue line, but the ice cap are much dimmer than the magnetics. I replaced one of the 3 ice caps with mag and immediately ordered two more. The ROIII pendants have a much better spread than the PFO Mini's. I currently have the ice caps running 14k se hamiltons between the 3 DE HQI BLVs. If your tank is 20" then I think the electronics would be ok. but for my 24" of depth, I need the extra punch of the Magnetic ballasts. Just my .02 cents

CAReefer

Comment

I really like these:
                          http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_...nt.asp?CartId=

It uses those new metal halide spotlight bulbs like the Japanese use on their tanks.
                          400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

CAReefer, so you prefer the Blueline ballast correct?

Comment

I have never used the bluelines. I prefer the Sunlight Supply Magnetic HQI's.

Comment

Working...
                              X