T-5 Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-5 Lighting

Sean, you have any pics of your t5 blue+ on your tank/ I am trying to decide between the proven vho actinic or the t5 blue+.. I wish uri would make a t5 actinic..

with just actinc on if so Ill snap one and show you tonight?
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Yea Sean that would be great.. you are using the t5 blue+ though not t5 actinic correct?

Comment

yes jeff t5 blue+ Ill take one this morning
        Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Comment

awesome TY... you can email me pics also if you do not want to hassle with posting them.. [email protected]

Peace, Jeff

Comment

Sean, any pics yet?

Comment

Jeff,

which MH bulbs are you running? The blueplus T5s really complement 10K bulbs (Ushio, AB etc.), that don't have a spike at 450 nm. For higher K bulbs that have the spike at 450 nm (ie Radiums), the VHO actinics would be a better choice.

Then there are the DE Aqua Connect/Phoenix, which many people feel don't need supplementing.

If you want to get the most fluorescense out of your corals, the VHO actinics are the way to go.

Tom:fish2:
              Last edited by Tom Berry; 03-12-2005, 03:48 PM.
              Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

Jeff im working on it spring break has been a killer ill load them up soon
                Sean

Comment

if you need me to jeff i can take a shot of my blue+ before my lights turn on tomorrow
                  Nam

Comment

FWIW, I currently use 4 T5 Blue+, and I think I am going to try replacing 2 of them with VHO actinics, so I will have 2 of each. I love the look of the T5s, but I don't get as much fluorescence out of some of the corals (and others have more fluorescence than VHO's - it's hit or miss).

Comment

Here you go Jeff not the best quality but you can get the Idea

Sean

Comment

I didnt expect them to be so large
                        Sean

Comment

TY Sean.. I use 20K xm now so I think I might go back to vho actinic.. If I decide to go 10K in the future maybe I will switch out the these.. I would love to see uri make a t5 actinic.. The best of both worlds...

Comment

Yeah with your 2ok The tank may be too blue fore your taste. The VHOs are more purple
                            Sean

Comment

Working...
                            X